Timofeeva Natal'ya Yur'evna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics, economic analysis and management, Bunin Yelets State University (28 Kommunarov street, Yelets, Lipetsk region, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Changes in the system of higher education, the need to ensure equal rights in higher education without discrimination call forth the study of international experience to ensure equality in the system of higher education. One of the traditional and, at the same time, actual problems in the U.S. higher education system is the problem of racial and national equality and overcoming discriminatory theory and practice, in particular the doctrine of “separated, but equal”. The goal of the study is to analyze the genesis of the said doctrine in practice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research objectives was achieved on the basis of the analysis of the main decisions of the Supreme Court of the USA, hat demonstrate substantiation, development, and then the denial of the doctrine of “separated, but equal”. A special place in the framework of this study is occupied by the cases of Plessy vs. Ferguson, Sipuel vs. Board of Regents, McLaurin vs. Board of Regents of the State of Oklahoma, Sweet vs. Paintner, Brown vs. Board of Education. Methodology includes the methods of comparative and historical legal analysis, which allows to compare the contents and implications for the development of theory and practice of legal regulation of landmark decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court based on the specific historical circumstances of their adoption.
Results. The authors have investigated formation and development of the doctrine of “separated, but equal” in the decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court, analyzed the basis of revealed discriminatory nature of this theory and practice, and considered the causes and conditions of its termination in the U.S. Supreme Court decisions.
Conclusions. Examination of the decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court allows to realize the reasons, the grounds and contents of the doctrine of “separated, but equal”, to reveal its discriminatory essence, to determine that education has become one of the most important fields of application of this doctrine, and then of its abolition. It also allows to take into account the foreign experience in the provision of national and racial equality in order to ensure genuine equality in the sphere of higher education in our country.
agricultural producers of the Lipetsk region, the regression analysis of growth curves, the level of profitability, the indicators of technological efficiency of production
1. Federal'naya sluzhba gosudarstvennoy statistiki: ofitsial'nyy sayt [The Federal Service of State Statistics: official website]. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/
2. Administratsiya Lipetskoy oblasti: ofitsial'nyy sayt [The Administration of Lipetsk region: official website]. Available at: http://admlip.ru/
3. Tinyakova V. I., Timofeeva N. Yu. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsial'noekonomicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Saratov State Socioeconomic University]. Saratov: Saratovskiy gos. sots.-ekon. un-t, 2013, no. 2 (46), pp. 93–98
4. Safonova N. A., Timofeeva N. Yu. Sovremennaya ekonomika: problemy i resheniya [Modern economics: problems and solution]. Voronezh: Voronezhskiy gos. un-t, 2013, no. 9 (33), pp. 122–138.
5. Timofeeva N. Yu. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta [Bulletin of Voronezh State Agrarian University]. Voronezh: Voronezhskiy gos. agrarnyy un-t, 2011, no. 2 (29), pp. 123–134.
6. Timofeeva N. Yu. Matematicheskie i instrumental'nye metody byudzhetirovaniya denezhnykh sredstv predpriyatiya s ispol'zovaniem obligatsionnogo portfelya: dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Mathematical and instrumental methods of company’s funds budgeting using bond portfolio: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Moscow, 2011, 167 p.
7. Timofeeva N. Yu. Praktikum po postroeniyu ekonomiko-matematicheskikh modeley upravleniya proizvodstvom [Tutorial in building of economic and mathematical models of production management]. Elets: Eletskiy gos. un-t im. I. A. Bunina, 2014, 83 p.
8. Timofeeva N. Yu. Praktikum po postroeniyu Ekonomiko-matematicheskikh modeley prognozirovaniya deyatel'nosti predpriyatiya (na osnove nelineynogo programmirovaniya) [Tutorial in building of economic and mathematical models of production management (on the basis of nonlinear programming)]. Elets: Eletskiy gos. un-t im. I. A. Bunina, 2015, 53 p.
9. Timofeeva N. Yu. Praktikum po ekonometrike (chast' 1) [Tutorial in econometrics (part 1)]. Elets: Eletskiy gos. un-t im. I. A. Bunina, 2016, 92 p.